Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The 24 Hour Setlist - Final Update!


Please donate here! Everything goes to Connecticut Children's Medical Center (CCMC) in Hartford.

My 24 hour Rock Band marathon begins this Saturday, November 7 at 8:45 a.m. I'm going to spend that first 15 minutes or so setting everything up and going over the details. However, I don't think anyone will be watching at that point which is why I'm also posting it here.

There are 335 songs in all. You can see the full list here.

I have roughly 15 minute breaks scheduled after each hundred songs. The last 35 are "the gauntlet," a group of the hardest songs in the game that I'll be taking on after singing for like 20 hours already. Should be dramatic. I'll be taking advantage of long guitar solos and other instrumental breaks (i.e. Free Bird, Green Grass and High Tides, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, etc) to use the bathroom or have a quick snack. I'm hoping to interrupt the setlist as little as possible because it's already 24 hours and doesn't need to go any longer. However, I'm not going to crap my pants for the sake of not pausing the game so depending on what happens there may be some abrupt interruptions.

When it comes to the singing itself, this isn't really a performance...it's a marathon. If you're expecting Josh Groban, you're going to be disappointed (plus his songs don't have enough instrumentation to really fit into Rock Band). I'll be going "half-voice" in order to make sure I can keep this up for a long time. There are a handful of songs with some growling and obviously I'm not doing any of that. I'll just substitute some freestyle singing for those sections.

I've got a huge package of bottled water ready for Saturday. I'll also be using cough drops and tea during the breaks. Still figuring out what to eat, but whatever it is it won't be anything too heavy.

Finally, I'll be streaming the whole thing here. Watch as much or as little of it as you like, but I hope you will help me raise a lot of money for CCMC. They deserve it! For more on Extra Life, check out my page there.

No comments: